- When we say “we”, “our”, “Co” or “us”, we mean the Operators.
- When we say “you”, “your” or “User”, we mean you – the user of our Website.
- When we say “Business”, we mean the business we operate known as MicDrop, which operates event spaces.
- When we say the “Privacy Act”, we mean the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as updated or amended from time to time.
- When we say “Personal Information”, we mean that term to include any information or opinion, whether true or not, about a person who is identified or whose identity can reasonably be established, and not limited to information in a material form.
1. In order to provide access to the Website, we need to handle your Personal Information.
The Personal Information we collect
3. As standard, we will collect information relating to the geographical location of the device you are using to access the Website, your IP address and your browsing activity on the Website. We collect this information through the use of browser cookies and Google Analytics, which may also result in the collection of non-personal statistical information. We use browser cookies and similar techniques to assist us to deliver targeted advertising to you, which may be through third-party websites. You may ‘opt out’ of cookie technology by adjusting the settings on your browser, although this may affect the way you experience the Website. We endeavour to collect this information in a way that will avoid aggregation that might identify you individually, but we cannot guarantee that any of the information we collect under this clause will not amount to your Personal Information.
4. If you complete an enquiry form or otherwise contact us through the Website, the kinds of Personal Information we will usually request you to provide include your name, email address, phone number, company name, age and ABN.
5. If you request us to, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information when we do not need it.
How we use Personal Information
7. We collect, use and share Personal Information where reasonably necessary for the proper function of the Website and to help us run our Business effectively, including for the following purposes:
- To understand usage trends and patterns and improve Users’ overall experience of the Website;
- To fix problems and respond to feedback, enquiries and complaints;
- To enforce any agreements between a User and us, such as the Event Hire Contract and or the Website Terms;
- To allow us to run our business and perform administrative and operational tasks.
8. The Privacy Act caters for particular situations called “permitted general situations” where we may be required to disclose your Personal Information outside of the purposes listed above, such as to lessen or prevent a serious threat to public health or safety, or to assist in locating missing people. Other laws, or a court, might also legally compel us to disclose Personal Information.
9. We may also use Personal Information to directly respond to your enquiries, notify you of new developments to the Website, and/or offer you new products and services. By using the Website, you consent to receiving such marketing communications. In delivering such communications, we may contact you via e-mail or any other means nominated by you. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, you may opt-out by contacting us
10. We take no responsibility for the privacy practices of any third parties that we may link to on the Website. All third parties will handle your Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy practices and policies.
Other sharing of your Personal Information
11. From time to time, it may be necessary for us to share your Personal Information with third parties in order for you to make full use of our Website, such as where we use a third party software service provider to receive and manage enquiries or otherwise operate our Business. The third parties we use may be based overseas (for example, if we use a third party software service provider which is based in the United States)
12. We will take reasonable measures to see that any third parties will respect your privacy in line with the Privacy Act or its international equivalent.
How we store Personal Information
13. We may store Personal Information in a variety of ways, including in the cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. We may store and make back-up copies of Personal Information to ensure that we are able to recover information if our systems experience a fault or outage.
14. We take the security and safety of Personal Information seriously. We will take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and we cannot guarantee that your use of the Website will be free from viruses, surveillance or interception.
Changing our Business
Access and correction
16. You can ask us to provide you with a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. You do not need a reason for asking, but we may charge you our reasonable expenses for preparing and sending you a copy of that Personal Information. We will try to respond to your request within a reasonable time.
17. If agreeing to your request would be unlawful or have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, or if the information is commercially sensitive or your request is frivolous or vexatious, we may not give you the Personal Information requested.
18. We will take reasonable steps to see that the Personal Information we collect and store about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete. To assist us, please ensure you provide us with your correct details, and let us know if you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading. If you believe the Personal Information collected or used by us or a third party is false or inaccurate, you have a right to have this information corrected. We will endeavour to correct this information within reasonable time, at no expense to you.
19. Please email us with any requests for access or correction. We may need to verify your identity when you request your Personal Information.
20. If you have any questions about how we handle Personal Information or if you would like to access or correct any Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us at any time by emailing us
21. For further information on online privacy rights, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission at oaic.gov.au/privacy.